Grey Microfiber Leather for Car Seat Covers
The difference between microfiber leather and real leather
1. Appearance. The appearance of microfiber leather is close to real leather. However, a careful comparison shows that the pores of the leather surface are clearer and the lines are more natural; while the microfiber leather is an artificial epidermis without pores, and the lines are now more regular and regular. And some low-end microfiber skins may feel plastic.
2. Weight. The specific gravity of leather is generally 0.6, while the specific gravity of microfiber leather is 0.3-0.5, which means that under the same conditions, microfiber leather is much lighter than leather. For example, a bag of similar size and material can be distinguished in weight.
3. Smell. Since the leather is animal skin, it not only has a peculiar smell, but also a bit foul. If the formaldehyde and heavy metals exceed the standard during the processing, the leather will often have a pungent smell. The microfiber leather has a lighter taste, but some low-end microfiber leather may have a strong plastic flavor.
4. Performance. Both microfiber leather and leather have very good and practical properties. Microfiber leather may be more wear-resistant and aging, and leather will be more comfortable and breathable. Of course, microfiber leather and leather can achieve a certain balance in overall performance.
5. Take materials. The dermis is limited by the size of animal skins, so the physical properties of the varieties are uneven, while the microfiber leather is more convenient to obtain materials, and the quality and performance are more uniform and stable.
6.Price. Under normal circumstances, leather (of course the first layer of leather) will be more expensive than microfiber leather, and the price of leather will fluctuate due to changes in supply and demand. However, some of the top foreign microfiber leathers have high technological content and will be more expensive than real leather and are used for field applications.